Full Body Sunless Tanning
Want a flawless looking tan with out the harmful effects of UV Rays?
Try an Au Courant spray tan hand applied by one of our trained artists!
24 hours prior to your spray tan:
- Shave or use depilatory cream to remove unwanted body hair. Waxing is best done 2 days before.
- Exfoliate entire body including ankles, feels and hands.
- Follow with a good moisturizer. We recommend body-hydrating cream by Dermalogica.
8 hours prior to your spray tan:
- Shower with a body cleanser, but do not apply body oils or moisturizer to skin, as this can create a barrier on your skin.
- ear clothing that is dark in color, preferably black and loose fitting (cotton clothing) to avoid excess contact or staining to your clothing after your spray tan.
- Do not wear tight fitting jeans, pants or shorts, or light synthetic fabrics.
- It is best to wear dark flip-flops to and from your spray tan appointment.
5 minutes prior to your spray:
- Wipe skin with oil free wipes to remove any excess body oils or products from the skin.
- Remove make up and deodorant with oil free wipes, or with Yonka Eau Micellaure cleanser.
- Pull hair up and away from face and neck with a hair tie and cover with a hair cap.
- Remove clothing, shoes, and jewelry. You may bring a bathing suit, small panties or we can provide a disposable bikini panty for you.
Immediately-8 hours after your spray tan:
Avoid any activity that would cause sweating, exercise, cleaning or showering, as your spray tan is developed during these hours. Contact with water or sweat could result in lines or uneven tanning.
If you choose to sleep in your spray tan so that it darkens overnight, please cover your bed with dark sheets and pillowcases so that any bronzer does not stain your regular sheets.
8 hours after your spray tan:
Shower normally, you will see some color wash away from your skin. This is completely normal and is only the color guard (instant tan that you could see after your spray tan). The color guard is used to give immediate tan results, but also so that our aesthetician may see where they are applying the solution. Do not be concerned by this, as your developed tan is still there.
- Wash with a ph balanced moisturizing shower gel.
- While you are towel-drying, remember to pat, not rub your skin.
- Apply a moisturizing lotion after shower and at night before bed. We recommend ultra rich body cream by Dermalogica.
The life of your spray tan:
The life of your spray tan depends on the care you take of your skin. Moisturize twice a day. The following products have been shown to reduce the number of days that a spray tan will remain on the skin. It is best to find alternatives or simply avoid these products until just before your next spray tanning session.
- Face Masks
- Anti-Aging products
- Anti-Acne products
- Bar soaps
- Hair removal creams
If at all possible, you should try to avoid contact with chlorine or excessive sweating inside of closed toe shoes, as both can lead to premature fading of a spray tan.
Please contact us at (512) 474-1146, at our downtown West Sixth Street location, with any questions or concerns you may have about your spray tan, or to make a new appointment with our aesthetician.